T.I. denied bail and may have to stay in jail until his court date a few months from now///Nas new album will be titled "Nigger" and released somtime in December

Friday, October 19, 2007

Nigga Please!


MTV interviewed Nas this week in regards to the controversial title of his new album, Nigga.
I have NO WORDS, speechless... what do you have to say? Is it publicity? To get people talking..about him? Is this making black folks look even more ignorant? These are a few questions that I have been asking myself. Please leave your comments.
Here is what Nas had to say:

“I’m a street disciple,” Nas told MTV News. “I’m talking to the streets. Stay out of our business. You ain’t got no business worrying about what the word ‘nigger’ is or acting like you know what my album is about without talking to me. Whether you in the NAACP or you Jesse Jackson. I respect all of them … I just want them to know: Never fall victim to Fox. Never fall victim to the sh—they do. What they do is try to hurry up and get you on the phone and try to get you to talk about something you might not know about yet.
“If Cornell West was making an album called Nigger, they would know he’s got something intellectual to say,” Nas continued. “To think I’m gonna say something that’s not intellectual is calling me a nigger, and to be called a nigger by Jesse Jackson and the NAACP is counterproductive, counter-revolutionary.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come on now, Nas is one of the most politically and socially concious rappers of all time, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his album title & the music in it